Residential Garbage and Recycling Collection
Canora residents are provided alternating household waste and recycling collection every Friday, depending on the zone in which they are located. Collection begins at 6 a.m., or earlier, so please have your bin out the night before. Residential waste placed for pick up must be in the black bin and recycling must be placed in the blue bin. Tires, furniture, appliances and construction debris will not be collected and must be taken to the landfill. Overfilled carts will not be emptied.
For inquiries, please contact the Town Office at (306) 563-5773.
Canora's landfill is monitored by a contractor and users are required to pay a fee and sort their waste before depositing it at the site.
The landfill is open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Closed on statutory holidays.
Winter hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Summer hours are 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
LANDFILL GATE FEES
- Automobile - $5
- Half-ton truck or utility trailer - $10
- One-ton truck or trailer - $30
- Truck or trailer between one-ton and semi - $50
- Semi-trailer truck - $200
- Compostables - Free for residents only
*Non-resident fees are double the above rates
Landfill patrons will be required to provide proof of Canora residency. A driver’s licence with civic address, utility bill or tax notice will be accepted.
Anyone without proof of in-town residency will pay the non-resident rates.
For more information, please contact the Town Office at 306-563-5773.
Commercial Blue Bin Recycling
The Town of Canora has larger blue dumpsters located at various businesses throughout the community. These blue bins are for the collection of paper and cardboard products.
Acceptable and non-acceptable items for the blue bins
|Junk mail||Plastic produce containers|
|Box board boxes (cereal, shoes, etc)|
|Glossy coated paper|
|Hard covered books|
|Soft covered books|
GREEN Bin Recycling
There are several green dumpsters in Canora available for disposing of grass clippings, leaves or small tree trimmings. They are located at:
- North and South ends of Mary Street
- Eighth Avenue East and First Street
- Fourth Avenue East and Third Street
- Eighth Avenue West and First Street
- First Avenue West and First Street West
- Fourth Street South- back lane of Splash Park
- Bush Avenue
- Third Street South- back lane of swimming pool
- South end of Main Street and Daniels Drive
- Parker Crescent south green space
- Centre Avenue East and Parker Crescent