The Town of Canora Public Works Department is responsible for ensuring the safety and maintaining the condition of all public streets, alleys, and rights of ways.
- Asphalt paving & rejuvenation
- Pothole maintenance
- Road crack sealing
- Street cleaning
- Snow and ice removal from streets
- Alley grading
- Storm water drainage
- Facility maintenance
- Street construction projects
Snow Removal Information
- After a major snowfall, residents should, when possible, limit on-street parking until streets are cleared. Canora has a 72-hour parking bylaw that includes all vehicles and trailers.
- Residents should know that they are prohibited from clearing or removing snow from private property onto a street, lane or other Town property. The exception to this is downtown, in the areas where snow is moved to another location. In these areas, only snow from sidewalks may be cleared onto the street.
- Snow from private parking lots should not be pushed onto the street or back lane.
- Downtown sidewalks and streets will be cleaned by Town crews only after a major snowfall.
- During heavy snowfall, some snow may overflow the grader wing. A certain amount of snow may remain in the driveway following street clearing. Graders will not return to clear away overflow snow unless the driveway was completely missed.