The Town of Canora is an urban municipality governed by a Mayor and six Councillors. The Council Members are elected by residents to a four-year term and act as the governing body of the municipality. Town Council makes decisions regarding municipal services and provides direction for the operation of the municipality while also representing the public, maintaining the financial integrity of the municipality, as well as considering the well-being and interests of the community. Council accomplishes this by setting budgets and policies, passing resolutions, and enacting or revising bylaws. The Chief Administrative Officer and staff work to carry out the operations of the municipality and implement the goals, policies and legislation set by Council.
- Held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Start at 7 p.m.
- Take place in the Town Council Chambers
418 Main Street
Canora, SK S0A 0L0
- Event Calendar
Minutes are available following approval.
View council minutes
- Jim Vewchar - Mayor
- Sheldon Derkatch - Councillor overseeing Public Works
- Brad Gabora - Councillor overseeing Planning and Development
- Brent Pelechaty - Councillor overseeing Environment and Health
- Eric Sweeney - Councillor overseeing Recreation and Culture
- Kerry Trask - Councillor overseeing Protective Services
- James Trofimenkoff - Councillor overseeing General Government