The Town of Canora would like to introduce the conceptual design of its future Aquatic Park. Construction of Canora's newest summer attraction is being planned to begin in August of 2021 with operation by Summer of 2022.
Aqua Park Project Phases and Features
Phase 1 - Development of 5297 sqft Leisure and Lap Pool (confirmed)
The Lap Pool features:
- 82’ long (Junior Olympic Length)
- 4 Swimming Lanes
- One 10’ aluminum diving board
The Leisure Pool features:
- 0 – 3’3” depth beach entry main access
- Beach entry Tot Pool with over spilling retaining wall
- Beach entry water features two floor geysers, one tipping bucket, and one umbrella
- One Vortex Lazy River with booster pump
- Waterslide Complex and alcove pool features
- One 12’ high x 53’ long twin racer waterslide
- One 15’ high x 131’ long twister open-flume waterslide
- One slide access tower
- One 3.5’ alcove slide basin with in-water parent bench
- 371’ perimeter concrete pool deck
Phase 2 – Fully accessible Pool Service Building (currently in design, not confirmed)
- Reception and canteen
- Office and guardroom
- Mens and ladies locker rooms
- Two private family change rooms
Phase 3 – Supplemnetary Finishings and Components (early stages, pending)
- Parking lot and side walk
- Perimeter fencing
- Additional pool decking
- Pool accessories (Rock climber, Tot slide)
- Adjacent sun shelter structure
- Added greenspace and landscaping
- Greenspace accessories (fixed outdoor furniture, recylcling and waste recepticals, solar lamps, etc.)
- APRIL 2nd, 2021 - DESIGN FOR SERVICE BUILDING & POOL BASIN will be 100% complete
- Potential sponsors will have set components to choose from as plans will be
- JUNE 18th, 2021 - DEADLINE FOR SPONSORS BRONZE TO PLATINUM
- Design for adjacent components will be 100% complete.
- Sponsors have chosen preferred accessories, adjacent structures, and playground components.
- AUGUST 1th, 2021 - PROJECTED DEMOLITION AND SITE PREPARATION START DATE.
- NOVEMBER 19th, 2021 - DEADLINE FOR ALL SPONSORS TO BE INCLUDED ON SIGNAGE.
- JULY 10th, 2022 - PROJECTED GRAND OPENING DATE
- Signage will be hung prior to date
Stay tuned here for more details and updates.