The Canora Visitor Information Centre is recruiting volunteers to work the 2012 Season. The Centre will be open June 1 to September 2 from 10am-4pm Monday to Saturday and Sundays 1-4pm. If you are passionate, knowledgeable and want to help out your community please contact Anita at 563-4816.
Archives for April 2012
Health and Safety Expo - Free admission open to the public. Friday April 20 12 noon to 9pm at the Sylvia Fedoruk Centre (curling rink) 701 Main Street. Soup, burgers and drinks will be available for purchase.
- Worksafe Saskatchewan (Workplace safety)
- HMTC (Cardio Health, Massage Therapy and Homeopathic Medicine)
- Ovarian Cancer Canada (Ovarian Cancer)
- Shelwin House (Violence Across the Lifespan)
- Canadian Diabetes Association (Diabetes: What you need to know)
- Canora Community Services (Volunteer/Health Promotions)
- Child Action Plan (Community Programs for Youth)
- Body Poetry (Yoga and Wellness)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (Heart Health for Families and Youth)
- Canora Ambulance
- Agrarian Garden (Organic Food)
- Assiniboine Food Security Alliance (Food Security)
- Grief Support
- Agricultural Health & Safety Network
Speakers/Presenters will include:
Curtis Weber (Workplace safety) 1:30pm & 6:00pm
Anne Chase (Ovarian Cancer Canada) 12:30pm & 5:00pm
Warren Crossman (Food Security) 3:30pm & 8:00pm
Wendy Nesseth (Body Poetry Yoga) 2:45pm & 7:15pm
On Saturday May 12 from 8am-4pm at the Sylvia Fedoruk Centre (curling rink), there will be a town community garage sale. Pre-register your table for $10 each to sell your new and used items. The rink will be open on Friday May 11 from 7 - 10 pm and Saturday morning from 7am - 8am to set up. Contact Shawn Tratch at 562-0488 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information. This is a Canora Child Action Plan/Crossroads Project reconnect fundraiser. Donations also greatly accepted.
The Canora Child Action Plan/Crossroads Project Reconnect is having a bottle drive to raise funds for their annual events and programming. The bottle drive will run from April 16 to May 16. If you have any recyclables please drop off at 240 2nd Ave West or contact Shawn Tratch for pick up at 562-0488, email@example.com or message him on the Canora Child Action Plan Facebook page. CAP/CPR greatly appreciates all the support from our community.
If you want to learn more about all the small towns in Saskatchewan, check out this great website which features a video of all the small towns in Saskatchewan. Click here for a video on Canora.