Immigrating to Canora
The Town of Canora is committed to assisting all new residents find the services and resources needed to feel at home in our community. With a growing number of residents moving to Canora from around the world, we recognize the challenges that can be associated with finding suitable accommodations, language resources, employment, and a variety of other services. Below are a list of services that will assist you in immigrating to Canora.
Service Canada is your one stop for information on federal government programs and services, including Social Insurance Numbers, Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security.Yorkton Service Canada Centre
Located in the Imperial Plaza – 214 Smith Street East
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:15p.m.
Partners in Settlement & Integration
Partners in Settlement & Integration provides free services to newcomers within the East Central Region. It is their goal to ensure a successful settlement and integration of newcomers. They are operated by the Yorkton Branch of the Saskatchewan Abilities Council.
- Community facilities and services tours
- Identifying and assessing newcomer’s settlement needs
- Connections to cultural, social and recreational groups and events
- Referrals to community services
- Connecting newcomers with volunteers to support them in their settlement and integration into the community
- Solution focused counseling
- Information and orientation seminars
- Translation and interpretation
- Scheduling Language Assessment
For more information contact:Partners in Settlement & Integration
222 Smith Street East